BluPrint is one of my favorite crafting resources, and I know that it’ll help a large amount of my readers like it helped me. If you’re at all interested in having one consolidated resource to reference, take the time to read my overview of BluPrint.
A Single Resource For All Of Your Crafting Needs
I’ve always wanted to have a single go-to website for all of my crafting resources. In the past, I’d spend hours scouring the internet for inspiration, tutorials, product recommendations, patterns, and anything else I might have needed at that time.
In the end, I’d end up looking at dozens of sites, and I’d spend more time searching than I did crafting. Then, I found BluPrint, and I didn’t have to do that anymore.
Why You Should Try It
If you’ve been crafting for a while, you may know BluPrint by its old name. It used to be Craftsy, and it was mostly filled with classes on quilting and other projects.
Now, NBC owns the Craftsy brand, and they’ve re-branded it as BluPrint. If you’re an old-school Craftsy user, you won’t have to worry about your favorite content being lost forever. NBC has kept all of the classes and tutorials on BluPrint.
BluPrint has helped me with my need for crafting resources in a number of ways. They’ve added a ton of new content to the site, and that ranges from classes to inspirational videos. I can find any video content I could possibly want in one place.
Among the many changes that NBC made to the site, they’ve completely reworked the way that you navigate it. It’s a much more user-friendly interface, now.
When you go to the site for the first time, you’ll be offered the opportunity to take a short quiz. Your answers will automatically match you with a project that is likely to interest you, and you’ll be given the opportunity to browse on your own, too.
Once you get through that initial process, you’ll have access to the rest of the site. There are 4 main tabs for you to choose from. One highlights BluPrint’s favorite content for the week, and the other three are for the site’s 3 main forms of content.
The most interesting features are their tutorials and classes. There are a ton of tutorial articles available, and you can buy professional-quality video classes.
The classes that you buy will be accessible forever. So, you don’t have to worry about forgetting what you learned and having to re-purchase a class. If you purchased classes from Craftsy, you’ll still have unlimited access to those, too.
Everyone expects a crafting website to be filled with tutorials, but what about inspirational videos? I personally find it very difficult to start a project, and BluPrint has helped me find the inspiration that I need to do so.
BluPrint has an entire library of artist interviews, inspirational videos, and lifestyle suggestions to help you with your crafting hobby. I appreciate the in-depth tutorials, but the inspirational content is really what helps me the most.
Finally, BluPrint offers patterns that you can use. A lot of them coincide with the site’s classes or tutorials, and there is a huge variety to choose from. If you ever need a pattern, you won’t have to dig through dozens of sites to find one.
There are a lot of pros to using BluPrint, and I’m going to cover them now.
- Everything you need is in one place. You won’t be able to purchase your materials on BluPrint, but you’ll have access to everything else you need to make some awesome crafts. Videos, articles, inspirational content, and more are all on one site.
- The classes are a one-time purchase. Once you buy one, you can access it as much as you want, and there is no cut-off time. If you buy a class today and need it a year from now, you will be able to re-watch it without any extra fees.
- The content is extremely varied. Craftsy was heavily focused on quilting. BluPrint has taken a different approach, and they offer content that covers a broad range of projects.
- The videos are made with quality in mind. You won’t have to sit through someone stuttering through a script while the camera shakes all over the place. All of their videos are made with very high quality standards.
- They do their best to help you find the content you need. A lot of other crafting sites expect you to work your way through dozens of pages of content to find something worthwhile. BluPrint makes it extremely easy to find what you want.
- It’s not just about tutorials anymore. While lifestyle content isn’t for everyone, I personally enjoy it. The artist interviews and other non-crafting videos have given me a lot of inspiration, and they’re interesting to watch.
Sadly, there are some cons that may turn some users away from BluPrint. There aren’t many, but I can see 3 specific issues bothering some people.
- You have to have a membership. In today’s world, you’re expected to subscribe to nearly any service you use. If you already have a bunch of other websites taking money out of your bank account, you might not want to try BluPrint.
- Classes aren’t free with a membership. Even if you pay for a monthly membership subscription, you still have to pay more for video classes. However, you can access their articles without paying.
- The lifestyle videos aren’t for everyone. A lot of former Craftsy users were disappointed when lifestyle videos were added to the site’s library. I personally like them, but I see where other people are coming from.
BluPrint has kept my creative juices flowing during times when I couldn’t even start a project. For that, I am extremely grateful. I think it’s a great option for the majority of crafty people out there, too.
I recommend everyone to give BluPrint a fair chance, but don’t be surprised if you see a lot of content that isn’t purely about crafting. They have a lot of crafting content, but they’ve broadened their horizons a bit since the Craftsy days.
If BluPrint seems like something that might help you out, check out their website. It’s quick, easy, and you might like what you see.
Hello there, my name is Carole Lokey from Texas. I am a die cutting and scrapbooking enthusiast and I have been sharing my passion with my friends and likeminded folks for close to 15 years now. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with me via the contact page. Learn More>>